Candice L. Barnard
Candice Barnard is an attorney in the firm's oil and gas group. Candice's practice focuses on advising and assisting operators and non-operators in all phases of exploration and production, including land title issues. She has represented independent landowners, publicly traded oil and gas companies and privately held companies in connection with oil and gas and energy assets. She has extensive experience in preparing title opinions, negotiating and drafting contracts, drafting curative documents and performing due diligence. Her practice also includes assisting individual landowners with conveyances, easements, leases and other related contracts affecting their real property.
Candice also represents clients in corporate transactional matters, including entity structuring, formation, operation and dissolution.
Areas Of Practice
- Oil and Gas Title Examination
- Energy Law
- Corporate Transactions
- Renewable Energy
- Texas, 2016
- New Mexico
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- J.D. - 2016
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
- B.A. - 2013
- Lost and Can’t Be Found? FAA Says So Long to Model Aircraft Use by Non-Profit Search and Rescue Organizations, 3 BUS. & BANKR L.J. 199, (2016).
Honors and Awards
- Distinction Awards in Water Law Seminar, Torts, and Law and Biotechnology
- Certificate of Excellence in Legal Research
- Business and Bankruptcy Law Journal, Comment Editor