L. Kate Underwood
- Of Counsel
Laura Kate Underwood joined Stubbeman, McRae, Sealy, Laughlin & Browder, Inc. in 2014. Her practice is concentrated in Oil and Gas Title Examination. Prior to joining the firm, Kate worked as a landman researching mineral ownership, producing Abstracts of Title and performing curative title work.
Kate received her B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin in 2007 and law degree from St. Mary's University School of Law in 2013. In 2013 she also became a certified Texas Mediator. Kate is a native to Midland and after spending years in the hill country is happy to call West Texas home again.
Ms. Underwood is admitted to the State Bar of Texas. She is also a member of the Midland County Young Lawyers and Young Professionals in Energy.
Areas Of Practice
- Oil & Gas Title Examinations
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. - 2013
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
- B.S. - 2007
- Major: Biomedical Engineering
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Professionals in Energy, 2014
- Midland County Young Lawyers Association, 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- San Antonio Bar Association's Community Justice Program, 2011 to 2013
- Certified Mediator