Jennie K. McDonald
Jennie K. McDonald joined the firm in October 2016. She received her undergraduate degree from Abilene Christian University in 2004, and her law degree from Texas Tech University in 2006. She began working in Midland in 2007, and has a background as an independent petroleum landman. In 2015, she became Board certified in oil, gas and mineral law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Jennie works in many areas of oil and gas law including title examination, due diligence, acquisitions/divestitures of real property, operating agreements, salt water disposal agreements, and other legal matters relating to oil and gas law in Texas and New Mexico.
Areas Of Practice
- Oil & Gas
- Texas, 2007
- New Mexico, 2012
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 2006
- Honors: Board of Barristers
- Abilene Christian University
- B.S. - 2004
- Major: Journalism
- Oil and Gas Basics: Understanding the Sticks to Avoid Stones and Broken Bones, Texas Bar Journal, Volume 76, Number 4, April 2013, at 319 (co-authored with Derek Cook)
- Sources of Materials to Examine and the Duty of the Attorney, Oil, Gas and Mineral Title Examination Course 2014
- Oil & Gas Leases and Related Agreements, CLE Broadcast, myLawCLE, April 15, 2015 (co-presented with Michelle R. O’Brien)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New Mexico
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- Permian Basin Landman Association
Pro Bono Activities
- CASA of West Texas: Member of Board
- The Junior League of Midland, Inc.